Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Minnesota Meet and Future Plans

Whats up, yo.

So the meet in Minnesota was a success, even though I didn't jump high at all. I made three low bars (5.05m, 5.20m and 5.30m) easily, and had a bunch of fun jumping. If I wasn't an idiot I would have also made 5.40m, but I'm workin on that last part.

I really think I figured out the cues for me to start makin' big bars again. I've really been thinking about putting energy into the system during the jump straight down the middle. It's been pretty awesome for my timing and for lining up the blow. Speaking of the blow, the second cue I've been using is squaring up around the bar, which has FINALLY given me the hip and chest blow that I've been looking for to clear some decent bars.

My 5.30m jump is below. Super ugly jump but there's a reason! I was taking off way under (12'3''ish) all night, and this was my first jump where I took off outside 13', which is much better, but also feels much different. It actually felt so weird that I was totally going to bail in the middle of the jump, but Pauli's words from the car ride up echoed in my head "you are not bailing today, no matter what", so at the last minute I just chucked myself up at the bar and made it anyway somehow. The celebration was more me bein surprised by myself than being satisfied with the jump, ha!



Anyway, the point of this whole thing is that once I trust the 13'+ takeoffs enough to really slam the hands high down the middle and finish hard and square, I think I'll find myself wrapping around a 12.5 and waking up pretty high in the air. Thats the plan, y'all!

So tomorrow I'm headed to San Diego, which I'm pretty stoked on. I have a meet on Saturday at SDSU (which is a great place to jump if it lines up), and then I'll begin my training at the OTC the following week. I just got word this week that I've been cleared to live at the Center while I'm there, which is awesome, because I won't have to do the 30+ minute commute from my Mom's house every day.

Let's get it on!

Til next time....

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment