Thursday, June 23, 2011

Something New: Eurothrash 2011

With the disappointment of not making USA's behind me, I went ahead and bought my ticket to Europe for the 2011 summer season, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm headed out on the 30th of this month and will arrive in Dusseldorf, Germany on the 1st of July.

I'll be jumping with a great group of dudes formerly of UCLA in Bobby Talley, Dustin DeLeo, and Greg Woepse, and we are poised to take Euro by storm. We all share a manager, the great Chris Bencomo, who has done a fantastic job putting together a series of meets for us. Our base will be Leverkeusen, Germany, and we will branch out to all sorts of meets from there.

I will keep blogging from over there for sure, so you'll have to stay tuned to be up-to-date on my plans. What I can say for sure at this point is that my first meet will be on July 2nd in Uden, Netherlands. I have a few more jump sessions before I take off, so if anything good happens before I leave, I'll post an update.

All-in-all, this season hasn't been what I hoped for as far as clearing high crossbars in meets, with 5.40m being my season and post-collegiate best, but I'm more excited to pole vault right now than I ever have been, and I'm pretty sure that's a good thing going into this series of meets.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment