Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 and returning to this Blog instead

Dude. That blog on my website really sucked to update. This is way better. That being said, my website is still awesome. Check that noise out HERE, y'all. There are one or two blog updates on there that you might have missed. They were boring anyway.

OK, so here we are in the rest week completing cycle four of training for this season. That means 16 full weeks of preparation, and this fall all I missed was one weight workout and one track session while the flu was trying to hold me down. Besides, that, stuff has been seriously going down. I have PR'ed for a triple in the snatch, tied a PR for a triple in the clean, PR'ed for my 8lb Overhead Medball Throw/Man Test, and had some cool jump sessions.

Speaking of jumping, this break was sweet. I got to have some sessions with some awesome friends in Dustin DeLeo, Mikey Woepse, Bobby Talley and Brad Walker (best photo ever?!?).

Pappa Woepse, aka "El Jefe", and also the dude next to Mikey in that glamour shot I linked to above, served as coach for three sessions at Mater Dei High School, which, as it turns out, is a dirty dirty place to pole vault. We were all beating in poles, turning the corner like banshees, and doing our best high-fiving.

Ok what else? So I have a meet this weekend at home. It should be a smashing good time. I'll be bringin' it from 18 steps and trying to go bangarang on some big boy poles. Mostly I'm just ready to compete again. It is fun.

After that, I might (or might not) head to Iowa to see one of my very best buddies, Jacob Pauli (JP, you SOB, you've done it again), and jump in a meet in the dome at UNI. After that, it's time to get our Reno on. Jeeeeeaaaahhhhhh son!

OK I gotta go hit this rest week. That's enough of this.

Peace Be With You.

1 comment: