Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bounding, 150s, Olympic lifting and Jumping!

Well the last week has been jam packed with the items from the title of this blog. I've jumped a few times from 3 and 4 lefts now, working on hitting an elastic position at takeoff and swinging long(er) to the top. I'm still having a hard time catching the ride on the right hip and resisting the urge to pull up the bend, but I'm hitting much better takeoffs and the jump is flowing way nicer than ever before already! We've also been doing some pretty good workouts on the track, like 150m repeats on the track in the 18-19 second range. I am feeling really good during those workouts, feeling like I have a better ability this year to run fast repeats and not break down. I can't stress how much of this I believe is due to an increased emphasis on the olympic lifts in the weight room. This year I have probably tripled the total amount of olympic lifting per weight workout, and I'm feeling good! Here's a little video from today of me hitting a pretty decent position at takeoff (for me) and then missing the most of the rest of the jump (not too concerned about that just yet). The run is 4 lefts from 60 feet, the takeoff is out around 12' and the pole is small (as you can tell) - 4.60m 13.6. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment