Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Good Training and A Few Vids

Well training has been going well. I just finished a hard three-week cycle, and am going into a much needed rest week, where I take the volume down by about 50% for a week and give myself a chance to recover and enjoy the holidays! Here's a video from my last jump session from 8 steps on a 4.60m 13.0. I've been really working hard on hitting an elastic position through the bottom and letting that help me get out of the "window" quicker and swing long and fast. Things are starting to look good from here, and I ended up having a few good jumps on this day during my first session from 18 steps. Anyway, here's the 8 step jump:



The next video is from today's lift session. I wanted to work up to a heavy double in the power snatch from the low blocks (which is a tough position for me). I ended up working up to 90kg (about 200lb), and even that felt pretty light and I caught it nice and high on both reps. Last year at this time I was diving into the hole to catch 95kg for a single, and this year I feel like I am way ahead of that. Here's the video:



Anyway I'm headed to San Diego this evening for the holidays, but I should be getting in some good training out there, and I'll be sure to update! Happy holidays!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment