Saturday, December 25, 2010

Happy Holidays and the Future

Well I'm back in San Diego for a few days, getting some solid training in (though over the course of 4 days I have trained at 3 different outdoor tracks), and can't complain about the weather and being able to run longer than 60m on a straightaway. There isn't a whole lot to do around here during the day, so we spend a lot of time relaxing, stretching, hydrating, and preparing for the day's workout. It's a pretty solid environment for training for sure.

In a few days I'm going to head back to the midwest, but I'm heading to Cedar Falls, IA to train with my good buddy Jacob Pauli for a week or so. I usually really enjoy my time in Iowa, and am looking forward to some quality training with Jacob. I'm also getting some brand new UCS 4.90m poles (14.9 and 14.2) shipped straight to Cedar Falls next week so we can hit some serious mid-approach jumps. I can't wait.

At the moment, I'm planning on opening my season with a rust-buster on January 8th at home, getting another little meet in two weeks later at home, and then hitting my real season opener at the Reno Vault Summit at the end of the month. I have to give thanks for Steve Chappell and the boys from UCS for being beyond cool to me and inviting me to the summit. The guys at UCS are ridiculously supportive of my dream, and I'm so lucky to have them as friends and contacts. I recently shot a little video for them answering a few questions about my training leading up to the summit, and I hope you guys can check it out and enjoy it soon on their website for the summit.

Anyway, that's pretty much it for me for now, but this blog looks boring so I'll post a video from last week of myself jumping a PR for 3 bounds with a 2 step walk-in.



Stay tuned!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment