Thursday, January 13, 2011

Starting to Roll

Well I had a pretty good jump session today, and I'm feeling really good about my progress and how well I'm rolling on the runway. Unfortunately I had a little injury to my back this past week and decided to take a light week this week, skipping the jump session this Monday. We did some good running on Monday and Tuesday, took a bit of a slower day Wednesday just doing some auxiliaries and bodyweight stuff, and then came in today to try a few jumps since I was feeling pretty good.

At this point I have to thank and give credit to my acupuncturist friend Sarah for putting a bunch of 3"needles in my back, glutes, hips and piriformas this morning... that stuff works!

I went in with the specific intention of taking just 3 jumps from 8 steps and 4 jumps from 12 steps. I stuck to the game plan exactly, and ended up having a really close jump at 5.35m from 12 steps on a 4.90m 14.2 on my final jump. I also have to give credit to UCS here - I just got two new 4.90m poles this week - a 14.9 and a 14.2 - and they are rolling over awesomely and are going to be a perfect transition into my 5m series that starts at 14.1. Awesome.

Anyway, below is the link to the last jump. I'm still missing it a lot up top by pulling up the bend, but everything else is comin along.




Looking forward to the home meet next weekend. Hoping for the best.

Stay tuned, friends.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment