Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Better Competition - 5.36m

I jumped Saturday at home in a competition and finally it went decently. Warmups actually weren't that good, and I was still stuck on the 13.7 for the first jump, and came in low at 5.05m and made it easily. After that I went straight up to the 13.3 and made 5.21m and 5.36m on first attempts. I was feeling pretty good so I went up to the 12.9 for my shots at 5.51m, and the pole rolled in surprisingly easy on the first jump, although I bailed. I really wish I would have turned this one up though, because it was my best takeoff of the day, and the pole rolled right to vertical. On the second one I got picked off the ground, but still turned it up but it was a miss, since I completely missed the middle part of the jump. Still, though, the pole rolled in fine. On the third I got too jacked up and ran myself (way) under and bailed. The good news though is that I am on the right poles to jump a big PR, and I finally felt really good and comfortable in a meet. Here's video of 5.36m:

Today (sunday) I woke up and drove to Iowa, and I'm here now staying with Jacob Pauli for a week before we hit up a meet at Iowa State this weekend with our good friend Jack Whitt. The runway is supposed to be good and I'm hoping for the best! We'll also be doing a LIVE STREAM again, so thanks to the people that watched this past weekend and I hope more of you guys tune in for the ISU meet Saturday. I'll post more details later.

Thanks for watchin!

1 comment:

  1. Watched USA Indoors, Keep at it Jeff, your attempts looked pretty good to me! Probably just a matter of consistency at this point... looking forward to outdoors!

    ReplyDelete