Friday, February 4, 2011

New Jump and New Poles are Hard!

Well some of you might have noticed by now that I'm struggling a little right now with meet results, but I want to let everyone know that I'm confident that the other end of this thing is going to be pretty big if I stick with it. I'm finally having some solid jumps in meets, and because of it I'm really unsure so far as to which poles I should be on! Also, at the end of last year I got a series of poles that fit inside of the series of IU's poles so I would have my own (almost) identical series. I have been committed to jumping on my own poles this year, and it has been a little different, especially since I am rolling through big poles from 16 steps (my full approach being 18 steps). In Reno I blew through my 5m 13.3 on my last attempt, and the next step is to be able to start on that pole on my first jump of the meet and work to the 12.9 after that. I'm feeling good about my speed and strength, and I know I will be able to make some big bars once I get the timing right on these poles. Last year from 18 steps at the USA outdoor championships with a tailwind I was on the 5m 13.3 with the standards on 70, and this year I've already blown through that pole from 16 steps. That is a good sign, but the next step is to actually make some decent bars. I'll be jumping at home tomorrow, and am hoping for the best. I'm going in there hell-bent on getting on my 13.3 for the first jump of the meet, and hope for the best.

Stay tuned, and thanks for reading.

Just for viewing pleasure, although I didn't think I'd ever post a miss at 5.20m from full approach, here is my last miss from Reno on the 13.3... It's a pretty good run and takeoff, and just a blowthrough.



No comments:

Post a Comment