Monday, September 13, 2010

Change of Plans?

I had a chat today with one of my good friends, Aarik Wilson. Aarik is hands down the best triple jumper in the USA and quite possibly the world... when he's healthy. In 2007 he was beating the best of the best in europe regularly, and posted something like 20 out of the top 25 results of the year in the US in the triple jump, and also has long jumped over 8m!

Anyway, he has suggested to me that I should take indoor a little more seriously this year, and try to get after it a little bit and even get over to Europe. That of course sounds great to me, since I'm itching to get over there and compete ASAP! He explained to me that I could get fired up for indoor, compete hard, get my USA mark and some good experience in Europe, and then not have to worry about jumping outdoors until June. I think it sounds like a good plan, and Jake is totally behind it, so I'll have to talk to Wil, my strength coach, and formulate a plan to make it work. We'll see!

In other news, I have been training hard in the weight room and am feeling pretty strong down there! This week is going to be pretty tough, and then next week we back down the volume and hit a couple maxes for reps to get an idea where I am. Stay tuned!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment