Monday, September 6, 2010

First Few Weeks of Training

Well training is pretty well underway at this point, with the whole focus being on my lifting and a little bit of pole drills for the time being. This past week I started my full time lifting program at Force, and really enjoyed the workouts. Monday we do some explosive work with olympic lifting and plyos, Wednesday we focus on tempo lifts with things like tempo frontsquats at 2 seconds down, 2 seconds up, no rest between reps (hard!!), and Friday we finished up with a few complexes and some biking. I filled in the rest of the days this week with things like stationary biking, pole drills (sand walkovers, 1 step and 2 step sand takeoffs, 4 step and 6 step straight vaults into the pit), and some light running (strides etc.). So far I'm feeling good and staying confident. Sorry this post was a little boring, but things wont really get dialed up until about the middle of October, so for now I just have to keep grinding out these base weeks.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment